Cattleman Association Meeting Minutes & Resources 11/9/17
Below are the minutes of the meeting and attached resources from the 11/9/17 meeting.
Polk Cattleman & Livestock Association Meeting
Attendees: Bill Ennis, Randy Smith, Michael Herman, Aaron Bradley, Patrick McLendon
1. Discussed meeting dates and setting a standard day for all of 2018. Decided on second Thursday of the month, every other month. 2018 dates are as follows. Meeting time and location will be announced prior to meeting:
a. January 11, March 8, May 10, July 12, Sept 6, Nov 8
2. Discussed new Livestock Agent – he will start November 15th and will hopefully be able to join us for January Meeting
3. Discussed Shelby Livestock Auction. It was well reviewed and good place to sell. Vet owned and operated and good quality.
4. Discussed GRO Tool Share has a hay probe available for use to test quality of round bales. Call Patrick to rent.
5. Aaron Bradley provided weed management handout – copy included below – that discussed the high nutrition value of many ‘weed’ elements in pasture.
6. Resource sharing:
a. Gallagher website - https://am.gallagher.com/us/support/browse-resources
b. Univ of Tenn Resources & Master Beef program - https://ag.tennessee.edu/Pages/default.aspx
c. Greg Judy Website - http://www.greenpasturesfarm.net/
d. Gabe Brown website - http://brownsranch.us/
Handout provided by Aaron Bradley regarding weeds with nutritional value for forage
This is the calendar provided by UT that is a calendar for cattle production as discussed by Aaron.
Download here: http://utbfc.utk.edu/Forage-Grazing%20Management.html