PolkFresh Farm Tour
Join us for an amazing day of visiting Polk’s finest farms and vineyards. Farms work hard to make their farms at their best and show you the day to day workings that bring you fantastic food. This year includes many new farms and new attractions so see our FAQs and list of farms and information below.
Farms Participants: Please click here to go to the online Farm Tour Application
Download and complete a 2017 Farm Tour Application
Q: HOW DO I PLAN MY DAY?
A: Use the map above to view the tour stops and the farm descriptions. It’s nearly impossible to make visits to all stops, so it is suggested to pick your top (5) five locations based on interest and then cross reference locations with each of these. You will want to factor in stops for snacks or lunch along the way although many stops will offer products on site for sale.
Q: WHAT DO I NEED TO BRING?
A: Remember, you will be visiting farms so sturdy shoes are a must; an alternate pair is also wise in case you choose to stomp around in the dirt and mud. Remember your camera as there will be many photo opportunities. Most of the farms will have items for sale if you have a cooler and market bags, not only can you throw in some water and snacks but you will have room to make purchases. It is suggested that you bring cash and your checkbook as not all locations accept cards for purchases. If the sun is shining, you may want a hat or sunscreen.
Q: MAY I BRING MY PET?
A: Sorry but no pets are allowed on the tour. Due to the nature of livestock and field crops, it is generally best practice to not have pets on the tour. However, the Columbus Farmers’ Market is Good Dog friendly so you are welcome to start the day with your friend and then return them home before continuing on your tour.
Q: I HAVE MY TICKET, NOW WHAT?
A: Bring your receipt from on-line ticket sales or your Farm Tour Vehicle Pass to your first farm. At that time, if you do not have one you will be given a Farm Tour Guide to help you navigate the tour. Place the Vehicle Pass to your car so it is easily visible throughout the tour. (If you plan to attend the ASAP Farm Tour on Sunday, be sure to also grab an ASAP guide. Present your Polk Vehicle Pass to register)
BONUS!: Your PolkFresh Farm Tour pass also admits you to the ASAP Farm Tour scheduled on Saturday & Sunday from 12 to 5
Q: I CAN’T PURCHASE MY TICKET UNTIL THE DAY OF, CAN I STILL PARTICIPATE?
A: YES, Tickets will still be available the day of the tour at each of the farm tour stops. Ticket price is $25 for an unlimited number of occupants in one vehicle. Motorcycle passes will be sold for $10. Cash or checks will be accepted on the day of the tour at all locations. Online ticket sales will end the night before the tour. If you arrive at a farm and they are out of tickets – no problem! The tour is NEVER sold out, enjoy your time at your first stop and head to the next location and pay there.
Q: WHERE ARE THE FARMS?
A: We have tried to cluster as many farms as possible to ensure ease in planning. A few farms are a greater distance but we felt they offered something special that was worth the drive. Be sure to factor in location, specific times of presentations and stops along the way! Feel free to utilize the Google Map above which is public and can be searched and used on your computer, tablet, or smartphone. Below is a list of participating farms and their addresses.
Q: WHAT HAPPENS TO THE PROCEEDS OF THE FARM TOUR?
A: We utilize the funds gained to support the Polk Tool Share Cooperative. A joint program between GRO and Polk Ag Economic Development that provides tools and equipment to farmers in our County.
Here is a list of the 2016 Farm Tour participants – we will be announcing the 2017 lineup in May!
- Ashley Meadows Micro Farm – 100 Ashley Meadows Circle, Columbus NC 28722
- Beneficial Foods Grocery at Adawehi Gardens – 98 Adawehi Ln, Columbus NC 28722
- Blue Ridge Mountain Trout – 171 E Mail Street, Saluda NC 28773
- Bradley Farms – 4455 Howard Gap Rd, Saluda NC 28773
- Columbus Farmers Market – Courthouse St, Columbus NC 28722
- Go Garlic – 17 Overcreek Drive, Rutherfordton, NC 28139 (Polk County)
- Indigo Farm – The Dirt Rd, Tryon, NC 28782
- Manna Cabanna Organic Market – 105 E Main St, Saluda NC 28773
- Meanwhile, Back In Saluda – 171 E Mail Street, Saluda NC 28773
- Mill Spring Farm Store – 156 School Rd, Mill Spring NC 28756
- Mountain Brook Vineyard– 731 Phillips Dairy Rd, Tryon NC 28782
- Overmountain Vineyard– 2012 Sandy Plains Rd, Tryon NC 28782
- Parker Binns Vineyard – 7382 E NC 108, Mill Spring, NC 28756
- Phil Holbert Honey – 706 Ozone Dr, Saluda NC 28756
- Robinson Community Garden – Corner of Poplar & Henderson St, Saluda NC 28756
- Russian Chapel Hill Winery – 2662 Green Creek Dr, Columbus NC 28722
- TK Family Farm – 1132 Airport Rd, Rutherfordton NC 28139 (Polk County)